Health Records & Immunization Requirements
Providence College is required by law to keep certain medical information on file for all full-time students. Students need to submit the information only once, before their first year. Returning students do not need to resubmit health records or immunization information.
This report will become part of your confidential medical record and is critical to your care. Please complete it accurately and completely. Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in a Health Services hold being placed on your account, which prohibits you from registering/reinstating at the college.
Required Medical Information
Providence College and the Rhode Island Department of Health require that all new, full time undergraduate students (residential and commuter) provide the following medical information to the Providence College Student Health Center by July 15, 2023. Members of the Class of 2027 will complete this process online, members of the Classes of 2026, 2025, and 2024 will complete a paper form. For detailed information, please see the instructions below.
- Health History Questionnaire
- TB Screening Questionnaire
- Immunization Record (including documentation of a current physical exam dated after March 1, 2022 and signed by your provider). Students must provide proof of all immunizations (month, day, and year) listed below, as required by the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH). College students, depending on living conditions and habits, may be at increased risk of developing meningitis. Providence College, along with the Centers for Disease Control, RIDOH, and the American College Health Association, strongly encourages you to discuss this information with your health care provider and record the required proof of immunization for the meningococcal vaccine on your health record form.
- M.M.R. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): Two (2) doses required; first dose must be on or after first birthday.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis: Must be within the last ten (10) years.
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) doses required.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two (2) doses required, or proof of disease.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Groups A, C, Y and W-135): Booster required if under 22 years of age and the first dose was given before 16 years of age.
Per the Rhode Island Department of Health, students who have not submitted documentation for the required immunizations and TB questionnaire will NOT be permitted on campus.
Questions about your form?
We will be reviewing records in the order received throughout the summer. If you submitted your immunizations, physical, a copy of your insurance card, and answered the TB questionnaire, consider your requirements met at this time. Your status in the Patient Portal will not read “Verified” until your record has been reviewed and verified by the Health Center staff. Once reviewed, you will only be notified, via email, if something is missing. There is no need to email or call the Health Center to check on the status of your records. The Health Center will reach out to you if there are questions or issues with your submissions.
If you have questions separate from the status of your records, please contact:
Catherine M. Kelleher, R. N.
Executive Director of the Student Health Center
Providence College undergraduate students registered for at least 9 credits (or 3 courses) are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan, unless an online waiver is completed by July 1st each year. Please click here for more information.
Health Services hosts several flu vaccination clinics on-campus during the fall semester. Students will be notified via email and should register online to receive a flu shot during the fall semester.