Immunization Requirements and Health Records
Providence College and the Rhode Island Department of Health require that all new, full time students (residential and commuter) submit documented proof of a completed health form including a physical exam within the past 18 months (dated after April 1, 2018) and the following immunizations or titers (if applicable). All immunizations must be recorded as Month/Day/Year.
- M.M.R. (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): Two (2) doses required; first dose must be on or after first birthday.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis: Must be within the last ten (10) years.
- Hepatitis B: Three (3) doses required.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Two (2) doses required, or proof of disease.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Groups A, C, Y and W-135): Booster required if under 22 years of age and the first dose was given before 16 years of age.
Per the Rhode Island Department of Health, students who have not submitted documentation for the required immunizations and TB questionnaire will NOT be permitted on campus.
Health forms for incoming first-year and transfer students are due by 7/19/2019.
Please download and complete the following document:
Please mail completed forms to:
Providence College Student Health Services
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, Rhode Island 02918
Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in a Health Services hold being placed on your account, which prohibits you from registering/reinstating at the college.
Providence College undergraduate students registered for at least 9 credits (or 3 courses) are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan, unless an online waiver is completed by July 5th each year. Please click here for more information.
Health Services hosts several flu vaccination clinics on-campus during the fall semester. Students will be notified via email and should register online to receive a flu shot during the fall semester.